- Consistent user experience across various travel services on PCs and mobile devices
- Powerful web platform covering every aspect of the parts inventory
- Effortless platform management coupled with solid security and built-in analytics
Custom Web Design & Parts Inventory Software for AV Corp
Aviatechnik Corp partnered with DevOps Technologies to rebuild their Web and inventory software: step up with the online customer service, extend functionality, and facilitate the management of multiple brands.
Suppliers that made part of Aviatechnik Corporation Network used a uniform customizable template to offer their services. With the growing number of partners, it became difficult to adapt a stiff template to specific offerings of each partner. The customer-facing part also became outdated and couldn’t cover the growing needs of end users. Moreover, new companies entered the market with more attractive online services, which could shatter Aviatechnik robust reputation.
To put their offering quality back on rails and to withstand the intensifying competition, Aviatechnik decided to go for a complete rework of their existing solution. The project was to cover such activities as rebuilding the obsolete templates, rethinking their customization logic, and extending the solution’s functionality to make it more appealing to brands and end customers. The company also wanted to implement built-in analytics to have aggregated data across all platforms, which would make the network operation more transparent and controllable.
To understand the full scope of the project, DevOps Technologies started with an in-depth analysis of the legacy solution’s architecture and code. The analysis showed that the current solution’s logic was too complex and couldn’t enable the required level of functional flexibility. DevOps Technologies offered to rebuild the solution according to the service-oriented architecture (SOA) principles. The SOA-based software solutions have multiple advantages over monolithic apps, particularly in terms of customization, security, and management capabilities, which are critical characteristics Aviatechnik was looking for.
The solution’s code review showed various issues affecting the operation of the existing templates and made their further transformation problematic. That’s why DevOps Technologies ’s development team rewrote a substantial part of the legacy code to eliminate the revealed flaws and prepare a reliable basis for new templates.
The rebuilt solution now includes two essential parts:
- Customizable internal-facing portal for partners
- Customer-facing web portal for consumers
As two parts fulfill different functions, each of them got an individual design and feature set.
The internal portal provides flexible templates for brands to customize them according to their service specifics:
- Diversified content management features
- Geolocation features
- Integration with payment service providers
- Built-in rating features
- Customer feedback forms
- Interactive maps and location schemes
- Integration of ready-made websites and portals via RESTful API
- Ongoing brand support provided by a professional technical and account management team
Apart from the core features, all partners also have access to the portal analytics module. This new functionality enabled brand representatives to get the stats on their services, track customer activities, assess the effectiveness of ads campaigns and bonus programs, and timely reveal unpopular offerings to replace them with better deals.
The customer-facing part of the tour booking software represents a fully functional web portal for users to manage their holiday activities, business trips, and entertainment. By creating their personal accounts on the portal, users can choose the most suitable service or product provider and offering. The registered users can either choose the needed services separately or get them in pre-formed packages.
Despite the overall complexity of the project dictated by the wide scope of tasks and collaboration with geographically distributed teams, DevOps Technologies delivered the software in under a year. Within the project, DevOps Technologies ’s team helped the Customer achieve a number of critical goals:
- Improving the solution’s architecture along with ensuring its better customization flexibility, improved performance, and stronger security.
- Redesigning legacy templates to make the portal more appealing to end users and partners.
- Setting up a uniform process across different services.
- Replacing the rigid features of legacy templates with customizable modular functionality.
- Enhancing the solution’s overall performance, particularly the templates’ loading time.
- Setting up the process of a smooth migration from legacy to redesigned templates.
- Ensuring the solution’s scalability and ability to provide over 10,000 brands with the required functionality.
- Guaranteeing a consistent user experience of both the desktop and mobile applications.
WANT TO START A PROJECT?
By submitting this form i give my consent for DevOps Technologies to process my personal data
pursuant to DevOps Technologies privacy and Cookies Policy.
DevOps Technologies helped Expedia revamp their international travel booking software in order to offer their partners wider capabilities to promote their services and improve the overall customer experience.